October 26, 2012

how to: wear brights throughout fall

How to Wear Bright Colors Throughout Fall


| coat: J. Crew, sweater: J. Crew Factory, skirt: J. Crew Factory, shoes: ASOS, necklace: Bauble Bar, bracelet: J. Crew, rings: Bauble Bar, clutch: Clare Vivier |

How easy is it to succumb to the "darker side" come the change of seasons from summer to fall.  Packing away all of our brights for the cold temps, I know majority of us have fallen victim to this "rule" plenty of times.

How to pull off a bright fall look -- (1) choose shades/patterns that complement each other or the same color with a variation of shades  (2) pile on more color -- shoes or accessories, choose one.  There aren't too many occasions where matchy/matchy is ok, but this an exception. To keep the look from being too overwhelming, add a dose of neutral throughout -- I added a white button up, and neutral shoes and clutch to offset the bolder hues.  Risky but worthwhile.

Infuse some color into your fall wardrobe and shine bright.

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the image above- I love to wear bright colors year round (and I'm a lawyer living in New York- land of 'black' for head to toe dressing!)

    xo

    Christina, Esq.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that pink coat! I'm a big fan of bright colros year round. Thank goodness so is J. Crew!

    Amberly
    www.asliceofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great ideas here - and I completely agree...I am starting small with mixing brights (like in today's post), but I need to get more adventurous and go all out! :)

    www.pennypincherfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this entire outfit. I think I should pull out some of brighter summer clothes and find ways to rework them for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this!!!
    kisses from milano
    http://www.sienastyle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, but I love fall colors! I love the deep jewel tones and metallics that come with the season. I will always add a pop color (like on my post for today) so my wardrobe isn't too dark, but there is something to be said for each season's colors.
    I love, love, love the accessories for this look.
    -Ashleigh
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this! we don't have to give up color just because the season changes. fall/winter is one of the best times to show off your colorful pieces and brighten up a drab day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tips Ash. I'm still not ready to let go of all my bright colored pieces so this is definitely helpful. I love rich jewel tones but I still want to incorporate some light colors as well. Enjoy your weekend.. Xo--Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  9. great tips! I really love the idea of wearing light colors on these dark fall days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Color looks even more impressive when worn in fall and winter!

    ReplyDelete